Hardscape design refers to the process of integrating non-living, or “hard,” materials into a landscape design. Whether developing a new project or complementing an existing design, incorporating hardscapes can increase functionality, reduce maintenance and enhance your property’s aesthetics. And by upgrading or creating additional usable outdoor space, you will increase the overall selling value of your home.
What are hardscapes?
Hardscape is an industry term used to describe solid materials used in outdoor design such as natural stone, tile, brick, wood, asphalt and concrete pavers. These products are used for driveways, walkways, patios, walls, decks, fire and water features, outdoor kitchens and more. Adding hardscapes to your backyard can transform a previously unusable or plain space into a beautiful outdoor room perfect for entertaining or just relaxing after a long day.
When selecting hardscapes, there are a variety of styles, textures and colors from which to choose. Belgard hardscapes offer an extremely durable and affordable alternative to natural stone, crafted to withstand the elements and last a lifetime.
From elegant porcelain pavers like Quarziti 2.0, to eco-friendly permeable products like Aqualine™, versatile wall systems such as Tandem® System, or fire features like our Bordeaux™ Series Fireplace, Belgard has everything you need to design the outdoor living space of your dreams.
How to get a hardscape project started
Planning. Planning. Planning. That’s the secret to making sure your hardscape project runs as smoothly and efficiently as possible. Fortunately, Belgard has all the tools and resources you need to make your dreams become reality.
With a few simple clicks of a button, you can instantly access our helpful hardscaping resources:
- Inspiration Gallery – The first step is to visualize how you want to use your space. In addition to this resource on our website, you can find even more project ideas on our Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook pages.
- Project Guide – Get a step-by-step guide to help you get started.
- Product Catalog – Find your inspiration with the latest paver products and hardscape design ideas.
- Budget and Timeline Guide – Learn about budget planning and typical project timelines.
- Contractor Search – Find a Belgard Authorized Contractor in your area.
- Design Studio – With the help of a Belgard Authorized Contractor, bring your project to life with 3D renderings before you get started.
- Dealer Search – Locate a dealer to view the products in person before you make a purchase.
Further customize your project with softscapes
Once you have a few products in mind and you’ve selected a contractor to help you with your installation, make sure to discuss how softscapes integrate into your overall landscape design.
Softscapes offer an opportunity to get creative with elements like vertical garden walls, pergolas, integrated garden beds and so much more. When used in conjunction with hardscape elements, softscapes can add a natural, colorful flair as accent pieces.
Softscapes offer a variety of benefits including:
- Beautification with trees, flowers, shrubs and groundcovers.
- Evolving natural design throughout multiple seasons.
- Attracting a variety of wildlife.
When you choose the Belgard family of products and professionals for your hardscaping and landscaping project, you get more than just a collection of beautiful products. You get a dedicated, caring partner to help you every step of the way. Our dedication to craftsmanship, creativity and customer service is unrivaled in the industry. And you can rest assured that when you choose Belgard, you’ll have peace of mind knowing your outdoor space will retain its beauty for years to come. We guarantee it.
For more information, find a Belgard Authorized Contractor near you. To plan your outdoor living project, download our comprehensive Project Guide.