• • •Picturesque natural stone and Mega-Lafitt™ paver walkways lead from the street to the raised wrap-around porch on the front of the home. The use of natural stone creates a rustic look, as though the entrance to the home was cut directly into the natural landscape. The natural slate look of the Mega-Lafitt™ landings adds a touch of elegance.
• • •An Old York™ paver driveway installed with a traditional herringbone pattern connects with a Mega-Lafitt™ walkway that leads to a welcoming rear entrance. The driveway and walkway are both trimmed with contrasting tones of Lafitt™ pavers. The Lafitt™ border serves a dual purpose of adding visual interest and tying the overall hardscape design together. The french doors of the entrance are accented with coordinating sidelights. Elegant planter boxes are filled with a variety of colorful and whimsical annuals that help maintain a casual look.
• • •
The deep and welcoming side porch leads from the interior living room to a delightful Mega-Lafit™ paver patio that serves both as a dining terrace and an outdoor living room. A wood-burning Weston Stone® fire pit acts as a visual anchor for the outdoor design which provides ample sitting room and multiple conversation zones.
• • •A striped party cabana adds a festive look to the terrace and creates a cozy spot for private conversation or an escape from the elements. Cabana design elements coordinate with the outdoor living room, dining area and porch to create a cohesive design.
Interesting in learning more about the Southern Living 2016 Idea House?
- Watch an outdoor living video tour narrated by the designer.
- Read a behind-the-scenes interview with the outdoor living contractor.
- Plan your visit, open now through Dec. 18