Ideas for enjoying your Belgard Backyard from Lifestyle and Entertaining Expert, Alexandra Hedin.
Movie nights are a fabulous way to entertain guests of all ages – especially when they can be hosted outdoors. Setting up a movie night is as simple as a large white sheet and a projector. Turning a basic movie night into a fabulous event doesn’t take much more than decadently flavored popcorn made on the grill!
The Set UpArrange outdoor seating around an area where you can easily hang a large white sheet. Between two trees or against a wall is often the simplest. When arranging chairs, be sure to place them around each other and not in front of each other. For additional seating in front, add large pillows. Low tables around the seating area will keep treats and beverages nearby.
The PopcornPerhaps the most important part of any movie night is popcorn! There’s no reason to move your popcorn making indoors. A simple cast iron pan and a metal strainer become a perfect popcorn popper for your outdoor grill!
Here’s what you need
- Cast Iron Pan
- Metal strainer
- ½ cup Popcorn kernels
- 2 tablespoons Canola Oil
- Candies, toppings, salt
Here’s how you do it
- Warm the cast iron pan over high heat.
- Add oil and popcorn kernels to the pan.
- Cover the pan with a strainer and shake the pan back and forth.
- Continue shaking the pan as the kernels pop.
- Once the popping has slowed down, turn the heat off and shake the pan for one more minute.
- Remove pan from grill and pour popcorn into a bowl. Top with butter and favorite toppings while still warm.
• • •