Honeydew MimosasA traditional breakfast fruit, honeydew melon is used as the base for this frosty brunch cocktail.
- 1/2 medium honeydew melon (about 4 cups cubed)
- 1 cup crushed ice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 (750 ml) bottle chilled sparkling wine
- Garnish: Lime wedges
PreparationCombine the first three ingredients in a blender and process until smooth. Pour mixture into a large pitcher, and add sparkling wine. Pour into glasses and garnish.
• • •
Tequila MojitosThis recipe uses tequila instead of rum for a new take on a classic mojito.
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup fresh mint sprigs
- 2 cups chilled lemon-lime soft drink
- 1 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup tequila
- Garnish: lime slices and additional fresh mint sprigs
1. Bring water and sugar to a boil in a medium saucepan, stirring often, until sugar dissolves. Remove from heat; add mint sprigs, and let stand 2 hours or until mixture is completely cool. 2. Pour mixture through a wire-mesh strainer into a pitcher, discarding mint. Stir in lemon-lime soft drink, lime juice, and tequila. Serve over ice and garnish.
• • •
Quick & Easy SangriaAll the flavor and refreshment of traditional sangria without the wait.
- 1 cup vanilla-flavor syrup
- 2 oranges, thinly sliced
- 1 lime, thinly sliced
- 1 cup orange juice
- 2 bottles (750 ml) dry red wine
- ice cubes
Preparation1. In a large pitcher (at least 3-qt. size), combine syrup, orange slices, lime slices and orange juice. 2. Add wine to the pitcher, mix, and pour into ice-filled glasses.
• • •
Pimm’s CupA light a refreshing drink made with a gin-based liqueur and garnished with cucumber. To infuse more cucumber flavor, muddle cucumber slices in the bottom of each glass.
- 3/4 cup Pimm’s No. 1
- 2 cups chilled ginger ale
- 1 1/3 chilled cups sparkling water
- 4 lemon slices
- 1 medium cucumber, cut into spears