With football season underway, everyone knows that it may not be the healthiest season when it comes to food, but these finger lickin, sweet wings won’t have you thinking about the calories or your weight…at least for now! This recipe is perfect to serve as finger food appetizers at a pregame football party or as a main dish with your favorite side for you and your family for dinner. It’s easy! Just turn on the grill and get the wings kickin! This recipe is also great for baking or broiling!
Honey-Sesame Grilled Chicken Wings
* 1/2 cup soy sauce
* 1 tablespoon minced ginger
* 1 tablespoon minced garlic
* 1 tablespoon Asian chili paste
* 2 pounds chicken wings, tips removed, cut apart at joint
* 1/2 cup honey
* 1 1/2 teaspoons hoisin sauce
* 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
* 1 green onion, trimmed and chopped
1. In a medium bowl, combine soy sauce, ginger, garlic, and chili paste. Add chicken and let marinate for 15 minutes, stirring often.
2. Set up a gas or charcoal grill for medium heat (350° to 400°; you can hold your hand 5 in. above the cooking grate only 5 to 7 seconds). Put chicken on the grill and cover with lid. Cook, turning often, until golden brown, 10 to 15 minutes.
3. In a small bowl, combine honey and hoisin sauce. Using a pastry brush, generously baste chicken wings with honey glaze. Cover grill with lid and cook till honey glaze starts to caramelize, about 3 minutes. Turn chicken wings over and baste again, using the remaining honey glaze. Cook for 3 minutes more, being careful not to let the glaze burn, removing pieces from the grill as they’re done.
4. Transfer to a platter. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and green onions. Serve any remaining honey glaze on the side.
Makes 6 to 8 appetizer servings or 2 main course servings and takes 45 minutes to prepare.
From Sunset Magazine recipes June 2008