In Episode #03 of Inside Out with Belgard, Joe Raboine, Belgard’s Director of Residential Hardscapes, sits down with Haig Seferian, Principal Landscape Architect of the award-winning Seferian Design Group. With 30 years of design experience, Haig is an expert in the industry, creating projects that inspire communities, improve lives and spark relationships. Haig provides a unique perspective on the evolution of outdoor living design from simple structures to elaborate outdoor spaces.
The duo shares their passion for outdoor living as they discuss the importance of a well-thought-out design, the next generations of contractors and more:
- How technology and social media has changed outdoor spaces
- Advice for contractors hoping to expand or scale their design capabilities
- How to approach valuing and pricing your time in regard to design
- How COVID-19 sparked an increased desire for practical outdoor living spaces
- The benefits of using Belgard Rooms for templated modular designs
Finally, Haig reflects on clients’ reactions to their complete outdoor living spaces and how this is his biggest motivation as he strives to continue innovating in the design world.
Episode Takeaway: Haig reflects on the importance of learning the fundamentals of build and design, and then looking at the tools available for time savings or to increase in-house design capabilities. With tools and technology available, why re-create the wheel?
To listen or subscribe, visit the Inside Out with Belgard Podcast page.