Since 1970, we’ve been celebrating Earth Day – a day when 42 years ago on April 22nd, 20 million Americans took to the streets, parks, and auditoriums to demonstrate for a healthy, sustainable environment in massive coast-to-coast rallies.
While Earth Day is a great reminder to protect and nurture Mother Nature, we should be taking care of our planet every day. Environmental stress is increasingly being placed on our resources. As more land is developed, the natural water filtration provided by the soil is continually being diminished. In turn, storm water runoff, mixed with motor oil, fertilizers and other contaminants, can pollute lakes, rivers coastlines and groundwater.
Belgard permeable pavers are a beautiful solution to manage storm water and lessen homeowners’ environmental footprints. Besides a beautiful aesthetic, benefits of permeable pavers include:
• Reduces pollution from rain water runoff
• Reduces runoff from the common rain storm by as much as 100%
• 50 year life-cycle for surface
• Outperforms similar systems in harsh climates or freeze thaw cycles
• Replaces detention/retention ponds
Click here for more information about permeable pavers.