Belgard Permeable Paver Details
Permeable interlocking concrete pavers (PICP) are a system of concrete pavers with layers of varying-sized stone - or aggregate - underneath that filter and direct storm water to underground aquifers. In addition to storm water management benefits, permeable pavers can alleviate negativity associated with drought conditions to benefit homeowners, builders and the community at large.
Benefits of Permeable Pavers for the Community
- Infiltrate water back into the ground to recharge local groundwater supplies
- Maintain base flows in rivers that ensure streams and ecosystems are self-sustaining
- Act as filter to offer improved water quality
- Eliminate risk of evaporation of standing water and above-ground water storage
- Light paver colors are highly reflective and reduce heat island effect
- Reduce water use for landscaping
Benefits of Permeable Pavers for Homeowners
- Reduce water demand by placing pavers over grassed areas
- Aid landscaping by reducing erosion that occurs when grass is dry or dead
- Eliminate standing water on the surface where mosquitos can breed
Benefits of Permeable Pavers for Builders
- Contribute to environmental and stormwater management best practices, including LEED credits
- Lead to cost savings by vastly reducing or even eliminating storm water infrastructure components like pipes, detention basins and storm drains
- Subsurface water storage creates increased surface space on which to develop roads, driveways, parking areas, public spaces, houses and other revenue-generating structures
Sign Up for Our Monthly Newsletter
Find a Belgard Authorized Contractor
Find a Contractor
Are you ready to bring your vision to life? Belgard can help you find a professional to start your project.
This interactive experience includes inspirational project photos with the products and color options available in your area.