Independence Day is the perfect holiday to get together with friends, family and neighbors for a cook-out and celebration. Here are some tips for making your 4th of July holiday stylish outdoors:
- Decorate your outdoor space with patriotic shades of red, white and blue in the tablecloths, napkins, flowers, table toppers, and more. Add a unique touch by making American flag chair covers that you can reuse year after year.
- Whether you’re spending time on land or on water, don’t forget to use a water and sweat resistant, broad spectrum (UVA/UVB) sunscreen with an SPF of 30 or higher. Purchase several pairs of cheap sunglasses and hats from your local dollar store for forgetful guests.
- The 4th of July wouldn’t be complete without a cook-out on the grill. Fire up All-American favorites like hotdogs and hamburgers in your outdoor kitchen. It’s the perfect gathering place so you can continue to entertain your guests as you tantalize their senses.
- Whip up a refreshing dessert like this Rosy Strawberry Sorbet. Your guests will love a cold tasty treat on a hot day, and it’s the perfect hue for the holiday!
- Extended periods of time in the sun can cause fatigue. Stay hydrated by drinking plenty of water. Freeze BPA-free water bottles overnight and bring them outside to melt in the sun during the celebration. The ice will melt while you’re busy having fun and a revitalizing cold drink will await you.
- Plan games or activities to keep your guests of all ages entertained. Lawn games like a bean bag toss or croquet are fun for both children and adults.
- End the evening with everyone gathered around the fire pit for marshmallow roasting, s’mores making and storytelling.
For more party planning tips, check out our blog post on the Top 10 Tips for Hosting an Outdoor Get-Together.