The Belgard Process
Our passion is to bring your outdoor vision to life. How do we do it? Here are some Frequently Asked Questions to give you some insight.
Simple…Belgard Paves the Way. We personify creativity, craftsmanship and quality. As the Number One hardscapes brand in North America for over 25 years, we devote over 20,000 hours each year to research and development to set industry standards and drive outdoor living trends. More importantly, we bring your vision to life, together. With Belgard, you get more than our gorgeous products, you get a partner to help you every step of the way from inspiration to installation and beyond.
WHY MAKE AN OUTDOOR LIVING INVESTMENT?
Outdoor living improvements often offer a better return on investment than under-beam construction. But not only will you add curb appeal, functionality and value, you’ll improve the quality of the time you and your family spend in your outdoor spaces.
WHAT IS THE GENERAL TIMEFRAME FOR AN OUTDOOR LIVING PROJECT?
Every project is unique. Timing depends on many factors like accessibility to the space, site conditions, complexity of the project, and permitting needs. And of course, Mother Nature is always a factor. A qualified contractor can walk you through the timeframe required for your specific project. To get a general idea, visit our Budget & Timeline page. [add link]
WHAT CAN I DO TO GET STARTED?
- The first step is to develop your vision. Begin by thinking about how you want to use the space. We have multiple resources to help inspire your creativity including Pinterest boards and an inspiration gallery that are full of beautiful outdoor living designs. The Outdoor Living by Belgard blog is also a tremendous resource for design tips and trends.
- Next, visit the Belgard Locator to connect with contractors near you and begin getting quotes.
- For planning considerations and tips on choosing a contractor, view our interactive Project Planning Guide.
WHEN CAN I EXPECT A CALL BACK FROM A BELGARD PROFESSIONAL?
A Belgard Authorized Contractor will contact you within 24 hours of initial outreach.
WILL BELGARD HELP ME DESIGN MY SPACE?
Your contractor will evaluate and measure your space, as well as help you solidify your vision. Belgard Authorized Contractors can provide 3D virtual reality project renderings to give you a realistic preview of your future space and eliminate miscommunications or costly change orders.
WHAT SHOULD I KNOW WHEN HIRING A PROFESSIONAL?
Make certain your contractor is fully licensed, has an ICPI installation certificate and operates with project insurance. You can also request previous work samples and references before making a decision. Fortunately, Belgard Authorized Contractors have all been screened and approved by Belgard, so you know you're in good hands.
WHAT WILL MY CONTRACTOR EXPECT OF ME?
Professionals will ask that you focus on budget, timing and project vision. Knowing what you want and sticking to it will ensure project success. You're not expected to have detailed opinions on pavers, colors and patterns—those are elements you'll work out together.
WHAT LOGISTICAL TASKS SHOULD I DO BEFORE BREAKING GROUND?
- Acquire any permits required by your town and/or homeowners association.
- If you have pets that use the space, plan an alternative play and potty area.
- Contact your neighbors as a courtesy to help avoid grievances during construction.
- View our interactive Project Planning Guide for more planning considerations.
Sign Up for Our Monthly Newsletter
News from Belgard
Find a Belgard Authorized Contractor
Are you ready to bring your vision to life? Belgard can help you find a professional to start your project.