UTILIZING TECHNOLOGY TO CONDUCT BUSINESS
Mar 25, 2020
Belgard is a company made up of families just like yours. Our primary concern is the health, safety and welfare of all. Federal guidelines urge us all to eliminate physical contact as much as possible in order to protect ourselves, our families, our crews and our customers. During this time, there are ways that you can utilize technology to maintain some level of business continuity. If you need help navigating any of these technologies, please reach out to your Belgard rep for assistance.
Whether or not you are able to start a new installation at this time, there are virtual ways that you can walk through the planning process. If you are unable to complete an installation at this time, completing the planning phases now will allow you to be ready to start once quarantines are lifted.
- Initial Consultation: Instead of meeting face-to-face to discuss a new project, meet with your client over FaceTime (Apple iOS only) or Skype (available for both Android and Apple) using smartphones or tablets. Have the client walk the property with their device camera, so you can see everything and communicate in a way that would be similar to a face-to-face meeting. Use your device camera to display product samples and describe the features. Email them images of that product in other installations for further reference. Belgard product pages are a good resource for these images. If allowed by your local municipality, set an appointment time when you can enter the property to take measurements while avoiding any face-to-face engagement. If you live in a state where stay-at-home orders are in place, measurements will need to wait until the order is lifted, unless the project is simple enough for the homeowners to take the measurements themselves. You may also be able to walk them through this process over FaceTime or Skype.
- Design Phase: Let the Belgard Design Studio do the work for you with a free 360-degree design. Ask the homeowner to send you photos of the space from every needed angle. Simply submit these photos to the Design Studio with the measurements and a hand-drawn sketch. The studio will create photorealistic design renderings with 360-degree views that include images of your client’s home and property. To view a sample 360-degree view of design from the Belgard Design Studio, click here and then scroll up and down the image using your mouse or finger. Belgard Authorized Contractors have the benefit of an unlimited number of free projects from the Design Studio. Belgard Contractor Members normally receive one free project per year, but the studio is allowing concessions during the quarantine. Not a member yet? Apply today.
- Presentation: Using a teleconferencing platform like Zoom or Skype, you can talk to your client and share your device screen at the same time. Load the design renderings onto your device, share your screen, and then walk through the renderings with them. It’s best if they use a computer to view the designs on their end, as the images will be larger and more lifelike than on a phone screen. Click here for information on how to share your screen on Skype.
- Virtual Contracts: Once a quote has been agreed upon, instead of getting a live signature, submit an online contract through a company like HelloSign. The process is all handled via email on their website.
- Financing: Belgard Authorized Contractors also have access to the Belgard Preferred Payment same-as-cash financing program. This loan-by-phone program may be particularly attractive to homeowners during this time of financial uncertainty. Contact your Belgard representative for information on how to enroll.
KEEP LEARNING THROUGH ONLINE METHODS
While in-person courses and events in our industry have been canceled or postponed, ICPI has many online learning opportunities for you and your crew members at the Hardscape Institute including online webinars and installer courses such as: