Welcome to Belgard
Please select the site that
best suits your role.
Now is the time to implement a Technology Plan. Some of you are naturally tech-savvy, for the rest of us, technology seems like just one more daunting task to master. Even choosing the right cell phone or tablet has become a complex and time-consuming effort. But when you're running a business, you need to maintain a certain level of professionalism from the start--especially when it comes to tech basics like e-mail, company websites and client or employee communications. No matter how daunting the task may be, the key is to get started, or you will get left in dust. Below are the top 5 reasons why you should take the first steps towards implementing a technology plan today.
Top Five Reasons to being a Technology Plan for your business in 2015
1. Make it easy to do business with you. With technology, it's easier for your customers to work with you, communicate with you, and yes, even pay you!
2. Make your business more efficient. More efficient use of time and resources means more dollars in your wallet at the end of the year.
3. GPS fleet tracking technology can help you protect your assets from theft while reducing your overhead costs - fuel, maintenance, labor and insurance.
4. Technology can help you close the sale and get referrals. Use design renderings and project galleries to showcase what you can do. And, increase your job leads by using technology to harness word-of-mouth from existing customers, otherwise known as CRM.
5. Make your business easy to find. If customers can't find you, they can't do business with you. Use technology to be heard and seen: web sites, email, social marketing. Work with your partners like Belgard, to make sure you are listed on their websites. Request a one-on-one with one of the Belgard marketing team members for ideas on how to grow your business through digital marketing.
"Many companies in the landscape industry are afraid of technology or don't know where to start," said Jackie Paulsen, Director of Marketing for Belgard Hardscapes. "You don't have to be ready for Silicon Valley, but you do need to adapt and implement the right technologies to further our industry. Ultimately, you don't want to "do" technology for technology sake. You want to assess your current needs and begin slowly. Start with internal operations, reduce the paper trail and then move into more complex technologies that build on the internal infrastructure you already created. Each small step will make a big difference."
Whether it's inside the office or out on the job site, technology can be used in a variety of ways when information is needed at the drop of a hat. There is no one size fits all - it's about finding the right tools that work for your business.
Here are some additional articles on the subject of technology that you might find helpful:
· Total Landscape Care: How to Make Technology Work for Your Business
· Phoenix Village News: Spring City Landscaper has been Growing his Business Since He was 12
· Capterra: Top Landscape Software Products