Welcome to Belgard
Please select the site that
best suits your role.
Belgard® will improve the beauty and value of your home. But like any construction project, it’s worthwhile to have as much information as possible before you begin the process. With that in mind, this next section is dedicated to construction project planning. Belgard is determined to help you make the best decisions and understand what to expect before you get started with your paver project.
The ideal outdoor living space should reflect your creativity and when it comes to putting that special place together, you wouldn’t find a better partner than Belgard to help you dream, design and develop your vision.
1. Colors Pavers come in neutral and natural tones such as grays, tans, reds, ivories and blends of each. They can work to complement or harmonize with your existing color schemes. Pick what you love, but also understand your vision so you pick tones with intent.
2. Shapes Paver shapes have evolved over time. Once simple rectangular stones, they now come in a wide assortment of sizes and shapes that can be mixed to look natural or to create geometric patterns. Belgard specializes in irregular shapes that combine to form a less structured stone or flagstone appearance.
3. Textures Paver textures can help you subtly accent your design scheme. Our pavers come in several different textures —including smooth and contemporary options, natural stone textures and rustic antiqued textures.
4. Borders & Accents Once you have selected your primary paver, don’t forget to finish the space with borders and accents. You can really show your style and choose to match, complement or contrast your primary paver selection. Have fun with the process and make your space one-of-a-kind.
With tools like the Style File, Project Visualizer and Belgard Design Studio, Belgard offers you multiple mediums to make your outdoor living dreams come to life.
1. Identify your space
2. Determine if there are any barriers, such as electrical and plumbing that need to be considered
3. Determine which features you would like included
4. Have a rough idea of the layout/feel you are looking for
5. Use visualizing tools to design space
6. Pick out a contractor that you trust and fits your schedule and budget
7. Ask contractor for life-like renderings of your project with Belgard Design Studio
Belgard will partner you with the best contractors to make planning your hardscape project and installation a breeze. Let us help you locate a contractor that is right for you.
1. Installing hardscapes is a specialized skill that requires training and experience. Inquire about specialized certifications and training from organizations like the Interlocking Concrete Paver Institute (ICPI). All Belgard® Authorized Contractors are required to have at least one team member who is ICPI certified and must meet annual requirements to maintain the company’s “authorized” status.
2. Ask for customer references and to see photos of past projects, both for design ideas and to get a sense of the contractor’s level of creativity, expertise and work ethic. Ask for an address or two and check out the workmanship up close, with the homeowner’s permission of course.
3. Determine upfront which aspects of the project the contractor can handle. Will their team manage aspects like landscaping, plumbing, irrigation and lighting – or will you be expected to handle this separately?
4. Be sure to get a complete understanding of payment terms and estimated start date and turn-around time.
5. It’s important to hire a contractor who can provide proof of insurance and is able to guarantee their work for a period of at least one year after the installation.