Sea scallops are a succulent treat that many people are afraid to cook at home, and for a good reason. If they’re not prepared properly, scallops can have a rubbery consistency or taste a bit fishy. However, with this simply grill recipe, the scallops will melt in your mouth and leave you wishing you had more! If you’re not a scallop fan, this dish also works well with unpeeled shrimp. For a little extra flavor, use garlic infused olive oil.
12 large sea scallops
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh rosemary
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
8 (12-inch) fresh rosemary sprigs
Hot cooked basmati rice
Garnish: lemon slices
- Combine scallops and next 4 ingredients in a medium bowl; cover and chill 30 minutes.
- Pick leaves off 6 inches of one end of each rosemary sprig, leaving the other end intact. Soak rosemary sprigs in water in a shallow dish 20 minutes.
- Place 2 rosemary skewers side by side, leaving a small space between. Thread 3 scallops onto bare part of rosemary skewers. Repeat with remaining rosemary and scallops.
- Grill over medium-high heat 2 to 3 minutes on each side.
- Serve on a bed of basmati rice with lemon slices, if desired.